1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s Special Dark)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a jumbo muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla; whisk to combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter might be slightly lumpy – that’s okay.
5. Divide the batter between the prepared muffin wells. Sprinkle 5-6 chocolate chips on top of the muffins.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
~It’s a great day at the Cottage…