1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with a mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Chill dough in the fridge for about an hour.
- After dough has chilled, preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the topping.
- Take the dough and roll it into a ball for each cookie. Roll it in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Slightly flatten each ball with the palm of your hand.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes. The cookies may not seem done but will continue to cook after removed from the oven and left to sit for a while.
It’s a great day at the Cottage!