- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the olive oil and sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each one.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, and salt and beat until a dough forms – it should be the consistency of a thick brownie batter.
- Dissolve the baking soda into the hot water. Add dissolved baking soda and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the batter for at least 30.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons onto your prepared baking sheets and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are set.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheets then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
It’s a great day at the Cottage.