The “Outkeeper” loves this recipe.
- 1 (30 oz.) Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, thawed completely
- 1 (14 oz.) bag broccoli florets, thawed completely
- 1 red pepper, chopped small
- 1 green pepper, chopped small
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of shredded Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups of shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the red and green peppers with garlic in 2 Tbsp. butter until softened.
- Set aside.
- In an large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes and 1 1/2 cups of each of the cheeses.
- Evenly spread half of the potato mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 15 baking dish.
- Top the potato layer with the broccoli and then the red and green pepper mixture.
- Cover the vegetables with the remaining potato mixture.
- In the mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream and salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the casserole.
- Sprinkle with dried parsley and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 30-35 minutes until the casserole is browned around the edges and the casserole does not appear to be runny.
- Remove from the oven and let it set before serving.
- If you are making this ahead of time, prepare the casserole, cover and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it. May require 10~15 more minutes of baking time straight from the refrigerator.
It’s a great day at the Cottage!